For Thanksgiving I made this recipe for raw stuffing.
- 8 cups of pecans soaked for 2 hours, then ground coarsely
- 4 cups cauliflower shredded to consistency of rice
- 2 cups carrots diced
- 1 cups onions diced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp dried or fresh rosemary minced
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix
Well, I made a lot. ^ 15-20 servings as you see up above. There was a lot of food at our Thanksgiving meal and so not everything got eaten up. I took most of the raw stuffing home.
I liked the recipe alright but if I made it again I would tweak it ( I’ll be trying the apple, sausage & walnut stuffing next ).
What did I do with all the leftovers? I made a crock pot roast and shredded it all up and added the “raw stuffing” as a kind of filler! Double duty! It made great use of leftovers and extended the meat! The stuffing ended up tasting like the meat! Later on it turned in to BBQ which was even yummier!
Other ways I like to add veggies in meat —
- Mushrooms & or Zucchini in meatballs or spaghetti
- Kale/Spinach to Beef or Pork Roast
- Spinach or Zucchini to Tuna Salad
I love to add veggies to meat. It’s such a great way to get a serving of vegetables and if you’re on a grocery budget meat could always go a little further.
I hope this gives you some ideas of how to incorporate more greens and veggies to your meats! Leave a comment and share some of your meat & veggie tips!