As I read articles, research and scroll through blogs it is overwhelming. There are so many tips, tricks, plans, guidelines, toxins to avoid, dos, dont’s in the health world. Sometimes all this information throws me into a paralyzed state so that I am unable to make a change or improvement. For years it did. I couldn’t imagine how or even where to begin. But I discovered little things that changed me and I want to share them with you.
Here are 4 small ways that start you toward making healthy choices without being overwhelming.
1. A Positive Mind: Practice, this is a really simple way to lower stress and keep everything in perspective. Be patient with yourself. Embrace the process of change in your head first.
2. Goals: Set small attainable goals. Remember it takes years to earn degrees. If you are just starting to make an effort to live a healthy lifestyle it doesn’t happen overnight. Start new habits and practice till they are second nature(i.e. more veggies, more physical exertion, less fast food).
3. Community: Build new friendships with others who will inspire and support you in making healthy living your way of life (i.e. bike/hike together, swap recipes).
4. New Activities: As kids our parents usually made us eat a food we didn’t like at least a few times. Being an adult we now have the privilege (or curse) of deciding without trying. But there is a joy and freedom in exploring. New activities can be hard and are usually out of our comfort zone. But exhilarating and gives a fresh and invigorated dose of self esteem ( run a little faster, try a different exercise class, cook new veggies, lift a little more, play a new sport, play on the playground with your kids – play tag again).
You don’t need to do these all at once. Choose one. This week practice one. Next week add another until everyday you do little things that have become habits to achieve bigger goals.
We can do it!
Healthy living has so many benefits and is accomplished one choice at a time!
* Essential Oils to support change: Joy, Magnify Your Purpose, Sacred Mountain, Forgiveness, Transformation, Awaken, Inspiration, Valor, 3 Wise Men to purchase any of these oils please go here: https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?sponsorid=1124965&enrollerid=1124965
Also be sure to follow my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/naturalcrossfitmom